Join Critical Mass: The Young Adult Cancer Alliance
Critical Mass is the full-time advocacy arm working on behalf of the entire adolescent and young adult cancer community. Our mission is to advance policies that will transform the United States cancer care and delivery system to better serve adolescent and young adult patients and survivors.
Members support federal policies and programs that advance cancer care and treatment specific to 15 to 39 years impacted by cancer. This includes ensuring access to clinical trials, increased age-specific research, ensuring adequate health care coverage, and establish appropriate care guidelines specific to their unique needs from the high school athlete to the young mother of two.
The Alliance is supported by annual dues from eligible individuals and organizations. Critical Mass invests in tools and programs that allow the entire adolescent and young adult cancer community to amplify the voices and experiences of cancer patients and survivors diagnosed between 15 and 39.
Together we commit our resources to:
- Host Mission Control, a tool that connects adolescent and young adult patients and survivors with resources in their community to support their cancer treatment and lead them on a path to survivorship;
- Develop policies and best practices that will advance adolescent and young adult cancer care and delivery in the United States;
- Educate health care stakeholders and influencers about the unique impact cancer has on Americans diagnosed between 15 and 39 years of age; and
- Ensure our community is fully informed and engaged in health care policy and our voices are heard during every debate about the American health care system.
In addition, Alliance members receive exclusive benefits that include:
- Full-time access to the Critical Mass advocacy team who can answer questions about what is happening in AYA cancer care and brief your community/organization;
- Opportunity to meet with stakeholders and influencers in Washington, DC;
- Organization recognition and promotion on all Critical Mass digital platforms; and
- Access to Critical Mass office space and conference rooms.
Alliance membership eligibility is simple: If you care about transforming adolescents and young adult cancer care in the United States than sign-up! It is only through collaboration and knowledge-sharing that we can create a world where there are no barriers for 15-39 year olds to survive and thrive after a cancer diagnosis.
Membership dues are $500 for an organization, $50 for an individual, and $10 for a student. They are not tax deductible. Membership runs from February 1 to January 31 of each year. Applications for membership are accepted on a rolling basis for each membership year. Please note applications may take 4-6 weeks to be fully processed. Not sure where you fit? Click here.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
- Open in Twitter There's an app for that! Cancergraph was designed by patients & caregivers to track cancer symptoms & side effects.… https://t.co/3SxJv2kvtS 6 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Newly diagnosed with #AYAcancer between 15 & 39 years? We have the answers to help you take control of your care.… https://t.co/qYtsI2lBG6 9 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Check out @AmericanCancer and @Will2LoveDotCom study about sex & parenthood after cancer. Click here to learn more:… https://t.co/4R6eUV2NWJ 11 hours ago
- Open in Twitter #AYAcancertruth Learn more at https://t.co/oo8ZiW4dhs https://t.co/i5aDu3TzGw 13 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Three simple steps to take back control of your #AYAcancer care. https://t.co/aROaxNAat2 https://t.co/at4jA6PMin 1 day ago
- Open in Twitter [ACT NOW] #AYAresearch is on the chopping block. Help protect the $10 million set aside for #AYAcancer. Click here… https://t.co/cHyIU2D79a 1 day ago
- Open in Twitter Alliance #FollowFriday: @SteveGFund supports programs to help AYA survivors address the issues surrounding cancer. https://t.co/WxkAKWTF0f 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter It takes a village to care for children whose caregiver is going through #AYAcancer treatment. #AYAfamily… https://t.co/CWNzLWKB0T 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter Don't know where to start? Check out https://t.co/Am8rXQUiGD for answers to questions every adolescent & young adul… https://t.co/GLttwwPzua 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter Young men and women CAN and DO get cancer. Help educate policymakers about #AYAcancer. Take action here:… https://t.co/S14fsBIX5K 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter HPV screening is better than traditional Pap smears at detecting precancerous cervical lesions. #AYAsurvival… https://t.co/BL22IXn7Xh 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter RT @Bareshortfilm: This is spot on! Thank you for talking about this. https://t.co/mngWveaYG5 3 days ago