Join Critical Mass: The Young Adult Cancer Alliance
Critical Mass is the full-time advocacy arm working on behalf of the entire adolescent and young adult cancer community. Our mission is to advance policies that will transform the United States cancer care and delivery system to better serve adolescent and young adult patients and survivors.
Members support federal policies and programs that advance cancer care and treatment specific to 15 to 39 years impacted by cancer. This includes ensuring access to clinical trials, increased age-specific research, ensuring adequate health care coverage, and establish appropriate care guidelines specific to their unique needs from the high school athlete to the young mother of two.
The Alliance is supported by annual dues from eligible individuals and organizations. Critical Mass invests in tools and programs that allow the entire adolescent and young adult cancer community to amplify the voices and experiences of cancer patients and survivors diagnosed between 15 and 39.
Together we commit our resources to:
- Host Mission Control, a tool that connects adolescent and young adult patients and survivors with resources in their community to support their cancer treatment and lead them on a path to survivorship;
- Develop policies and best practices that will advance adolescent and young adult cancer care and delivery in the United States;
- Educate health care stakeholders and influencers about the unique impact cancer has on Americans diagnosed between 15 and 39 years of age; and
- Ensure our community is fully informed and engaged in health care policy and our voices are heard during every debate about the American health care system.
In addition, Alliance members receive exclusive benefits that include:
- Full-time access to the Critical Mass advocacy team who can answer questions about what is happening in AYA cancer care and brief your community/organization;
- Opportunity to meet with stakeholders and influencers in Washington, DC;
- Organization recognition and promotion on all Critical Mass digital platforms; and
- Access to Critical Mass office space and conference rooms.
Alliance membership eligibility is simple: If you care about transforming adolescents and young adult cancer care in the United States than sign-up! It is only through collaboration and knowledge-sharing that we can create a world where there are no barriers for 15-39 year olds to survive and thrive after a cancer diagnosis.
Membership dues are $500 for an organization, $50 for an individual, and $10 for a student. They are not tax deductible. Membership runs from February 1 to January 31 of each year. Applications for membership are accepted on a rolling basis for each membership year. Please note applications may take 4-6 weeks to be fully processed. Not sure where you fit? Click here.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
- Open in Twitter Do you want a list of some of the top questions to ask? Check out https://t.co/DEyChJnmsc #AYACancer #AYAMissionControl 18 hours ago
- Open in Twitter No topic is off limits for Donna Fisher. RT @cure_magazine story to support an #AYAcancer standard of care.… https://t.co/giNSr4Eh60 20 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Join @heycriticamass for a town hall about #AYAcancer research & clinical trials on 9/7 in DC. More info at… https://t.co/WfFeftToPp 23 hours ago
- Open in Twitter RT @TheSamfund: .@heycriticalmass CEO @katehoughtonAYA shares her AYA cancer story on @HuffPost (and our data gets a shout out)! #ayacsm ht… 1 day ago
- Open in Twitter RT @FirstDescents: FD Alum Allison "Corduroy" Bailey Olson was featured by @heycriticalmass in this informative healthcare story: https://t… 1 day ago
- Open in Twitter This is the part of cancer that no one wants to talk about but we are going to: https://t.co/xNCikt0137 #AYACancer #AYAMissionControl 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter Alliance member @TCSociety teams up with @Rockies pitcher @CBettis35, an #AYAcancer survivor… https://t.co/Wkms4W5x3K 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter New York Times: Too many trials, too few patients... Not for #AYAcancer patients. https://t.co/oGGzjwQcVk… https://t.co/rx7jWBAA28 2 days ago
- Open in Twitter Can you take five minutes and tell us how student loans impacted your #AYAcancer care and survivorship? https://t.co/5DgerpwmIS 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter Just because there isn’t any evidence of the disease, doesn’t mean care ends. Here's what to look out for https://t.co/vUWJGQoCQy #AYAcancer 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter Why google and print resources for AYA patients & survivors when you can add Mission Control to your website?… https://t.co/pziRVPBnBP 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter Ever used Mission Control? Give host & Alliance member @AuntBertha some love: https://t.co/LMlkeA35NY https://t.co/PPTUkFssp0 4 days ago