Approximately 70,000 adolescents and young adults between the ages of 15 and 39 are diagnosed with cancer each year in the United States. In fact, cancer is the leading cause of disease-related death for this age group.
Unfortunately they are not recognized as a specific population in cancer treatment and care. Adolescents and young adults have no medical “home.” Too often, providers must make care and treatment decisions using research and facilities designed for pediatric or older adult patients.
Adolescents and young adults face barriers at every turn from diagnosis to survivorship. Our age matters. Cancer care and delivery services do not meet the needs of 15 to 39 year olds impacted by cancer – from the high school athlete to the new parent.
Click below to learn more:DIAGNOSIS TREATMENT CARE TRANSITION SURVIVORSHIP
- Open in Twitter Help us make Mission Control better for AYAs to connect with cancer resources: https://t.co/PZKGL9IMb5 #ayacsm 7 hours ago
- Open in Twitter ACA survived last week. Here's what you need to know https://t.co/d885nj0OA4 #ayacsm #ayaaca 21 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Shout out to @MDAndersonNews for making high school senior dream come true https://t.co/pENBYtlpA8 #ayacsm #ayacancer #EBOBMEETSBEYONCE 3 days ago
- Open in Twitter You were heard by policymakers in DC! Let your friends know advocacy works! Have them text TRANSFORM to 82623 & joi… https://t.co/dzkic4V850 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Well done! Your calls worked. GOP pulls repeal & replace legislation https://t.co/J4x3A3tuZI #ayacsm #ayaaca 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Your calls are working! Repealing & replacing ACA is bad for AYA cancer care. Call 1-855-636-9777 https://t.co/ksVwXZA5tA #ayacsm #ayaaca 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Don't worry. This vote is nothing to do w/ ACA. Debate to repeal & replace ACA is next. Keep calling! 1-855-636-9777 #ayacsm #ayaaca 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter If you're watching @cspan like us this vote is procedural. Final vote expected 4PM-5PM today. Keep calling! 1-855-636-9777 #ayacsm #ayaaca 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Members speaking on House floor re: ACA repeal. Doesn't mean offices aren't answering calls. Keep calling! 1-855-636-9777 #ayacsm #ayaaca 4 days ago
- Open in Twitter Vote to repeal ACA delayed. It's working but we aren't done yet! Keep calling! 1-855-636-9777 https://t.co/xk2lDG2kJI #ayacsm #ayaaca 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter No vote yet to repeal ACA. Repealing ACA is bad for AYA cancer care. Call Congress 1-855-636-9777 https://t.co/EvCZZYlgHJ #ayacsm #ayaaca 5 days ago
- Open in Twitter Today, the House votes to repeal and replace ACA. Speak up for the 70K AYAs diagnosed with cancer each year. 1-855-… https://t.co/ceytWybLm8 5 days ago